Caravan Parks Melbourne:
Staying close to Melbourne with a caravan or camping can seem an impossible challenge. Sydney has Lane Cove Caravan Park which is close enough to the city centre to be an ideal base (the only downside with Lane Cove is that pets are not welcome).
Our favourite caravan and camping park close to Melbourne is the Crystal Brook Tourist Park
35-minute drive to the city | 1 hour to the city on public transport
This post may include affiliate links to products we love and use, please read our disclaimer.
50-minute drive to the Spirit of Tasmania
Crystal Brook has a lot to offer:
- Reasonably quick access to Melbourne via driving or public bus
- Not too far from The Spirit of Tasmania Ferry Terminal
- An easy drive into the famous Yarra Valley and Dandenong Ranges
- Bush setting with powered and unpowered sites as well as cabins
- Heated swimming pool, jumping pillow, games room
- Great camp kitchen & BBQ’s.
- Less than 5 minutes drive to a shopping centre
- Walking trails from the park to view kangaroos and relax in a cafe
- Close to a great swimming area along the Yarra Valley
- Pet-friendly – as well as some pet-friendly cabins.
- Off-leash enclosed dog area with a small agility course.
- Really helpful and friendly management
We recently stayed at Crystal Brook in our camper trailer…with two little dogs. The kids loved their time in the pool and games room as well as the large inflated jumping pillow whilst I enjoyed walking the dogs through the reserve.
It is a little further to the ferry compared to the other two big parks available near the city but has the bonus of being in a pretty bush setting with easy access to the Yarra Valley and Dandenong Ranges as well as a quick commute to the city.
Ferry to Tasmania
Tasmania is a popular destination, the drive to the ferry terminal takes less than 1 hour from the caravan park. No other Melbourne caravan park has quick access to the terminal as well as such a pleasant forest setting.
Other Caravan and Camping Park Options near Melbourne
Melbourne Big 4 265 Elizabeth Street, Coburg.
30-minute drive into the city. | 50-minutes to the city on public transport.
35-minute drive to Spirit of Tasmania
Discovery Parks Big 4, 129 Ashley Street, Braybrook, Melbourne
25-minute drive to the city | 40-minutes on public transport to the city
25-minute drive to the Spirit of Tasmania